S.A.C.S. and its predecessor institutions have been involved in several UN departments, as well as participated in their work and sessions –
· United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change,
· United Nations Working Group on Indigenous Populations,
· Division for the Advancement of Women,
· UN Water,
· United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification,
· United Nations Human Rights Council,
· United Nations Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
At its Coordination and Management Session of April 2014, the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) granted special consultative status to S.A.C.S.